The Business Generator, accelerator program, is open all year-round to Finnish registered startups which are less than three years old. The accelerator program lasts 12 months and there is an option to take part in an additional 12 months if it’s needed.
Below you will find a link to apply to our program. If you are eligible please follow the link, fill in the application, and we will contact you as soon as we can. For further queries, please contact our Head of Aalto Startup Center, or one of our business advisors.
Our Business Generator program can help your startup to scale up and grow your business, solution, and assets. We can provide:
- Access to expert business advisors
- Access to coaching, training, workshops, and events
- Access to our vast pool of mentors, investors and ecosystem collaborators
- Support on areas such as strategy, business models, commercialisation, finance & funding, market analysis and research, product development and roadmapping.
- Tools, and modern, communal workspaces
- Support with teambuilding, if needed
Stages of the Business Generator program
There are three key stages of the Business Generator program:
- Asset Development focusses on building the startup’s capabilities. We coach and provide assistance on how to seek funding, create a network and connect with mentors and partners. We also provide guidance in team building, IPR and branding.
- Business Development looks after the startup’s actions and plans on how to build a healthy, sustainable and growing business. We coach and provide assistance on how to pivot a business model, crystalize a strategy, boost marketing and sales, build a sales pipeline. We also advise on commercialization, go-to-market and Internationalization.
- Solutions Development is focussing on the startup’s core product and/or service. We coach and provide assistance on how to make an MVP or proof-of-concept as well as piloting and validating it. We also advise on product development, product design and roadmapping.
Our premises at Otaniemi campus area
Aalto Startup Center is located in A-Grid HUB at Ontaniemi, Aalto University campus area. Our premises is spread across three floors, and has has several options for your office needs, from hot desking to private rooms (10 m2-30m2). We also offer server room capacity for your startup, if it’s needed.
Accelerator program fees
All startup members of Aalto Startup Center are part of the Business Generator program and receive access to our business advisors, workshops, events, as well as access to our vast pool of mentors, investors, and ecosystem collaborators.
Aalto Startup Center program fees are:
- Innovation Passport (virtual client), 150 € + VAT / month
- Hot-desking in the open space, starting from 200 € + VAT / month
- Private office room, depending on the size of the room starting from 280 € + VAT / month
*Please Note: At the end of the contract, members are subject to a success fee related to their net sales of the contract year.
Are you eligible for our accelerator program?
You are welcome to apply to our Business Generator, accelerator program if you meet the following criteria:
- Finnish business ID (under 3 years)
- Strong technology and scalable business model
- MVP, Proof-of-concept or validated concept
- Team: technical and business oriented co-founders, minimum of 2 FTE