Watch our Business Generator video.
What’s in it for me?
Once you are our client of Business Generator or any of our tailor-made or partner programs, you will get:
- Full-time business advisors expertised on finance and funding, team building, business development, etc.
- Tailored group and one-to-one support
Matchmaking & Networks
- Large startup community
- Domestic and international networks
- Access to investors, funding and talents
- Events: Demo Day, Slush, Arctic15, Nordic Deep Tech Business Summit
- Community of like-minded entrepreneurs, researchers, experts and students
- 180+ business mentors from different industries
- Pro-bono external support
- Dedicated business advisor facilitating the matchmaking
- Visibility in Startup Center communication channels
- Advising on marketing and communication
Tools & Data Sources
- Top notch data tools to grow your business
- Research and IPR data sources
Trainings & Workshops
- Asset, solution and business development focused trainings
- Hands-on workshops with one-to-one mentoring
- Access to office space 24/7
- Access to labs and co-working spaces e.g. Makerspace
- Office and reception services
Apply to our core Business Generator acceleration here:
The accelerator program lasts 12+12+12 months, meaning that after 12 months there is an option to take part in an additional 12+12 months if needed.
Our Business Generator program helps your tech startup to scale-up and grow your business, solution, and assets. Our program:
- Provides continuity from research to early-phase startups
- Offers relevant know-how and contacts to support tech startups
- Elaborates a relevant peer support for tech entrepreneurs in the startup accelerator
- Matchmakes deal-flow for investors, corporations and other ecosystem key players
Coaching areas in Business Generator program
There are three coaching areas of the Business Generator program:
- Asset Development focuses on building the startup’s capabilities. We coach and provide assistance on how to seek funding, create a network and connect with mentors and partners. We also provide guidance in team building, IPR and branding.
- Business Development looks after the startup’s actions and plans on how to build a healthy, sustainable and growing business. We coach and provide assistance on how to pivot a business model, crystalize a strategy, boost marketing and sales, build a sales pipeline. We also advise on commercialization, go-to-market and Internationalization.
- Solution Development is focusing on the startup’s core product and/or service. We coach and provide assistance on how to make an MVP or proof-of-concept as well as piloting and validating it. We also advise on product development, product design and roadmapping.
Our premises at Otaniemi campus area
Aalto Startup Center is located in A-Grid HUB at Otaniemi, Aalto University campus area. Our premises is spread across three floors, and has has several options for your office needs, from hot desking to private rooms (10 m2-30m2). We also offer server room capacity for your startup, if it’s needed.
Accelerator program fees
All startup members of Aalto Startup Center are part of the Business Generator program and receive access to our business advisors, workshops, events, as well as access to our vast pool of mentors, investors, and ecosystem collaborators.
Aalto Startup Center program fees are:
- Innovation Passport (virtual client), 150 € + VAT / month
- Hot-desking in the open space, starting from 200 € + VAT / month
- Private office room, depending on the size of the room starting from 280 € + VAT / month
PLEASE NOTE: At the end of the contract, members are subject to a success fee related to their net sales of the contract period.
APPLY TO THE PROGRAM
As a startup, with or without a background from Aalto University, you may be eligible to join our Business Generator program if your scalable business area is:
- research-based and tech innovation and/or;
- focused on research areas such as human-centered living environments, advanced energy solutions, or health and wellbeing
You are welcome to apply to our Business Generator program. You should meet the following criteria:
- Solve sustainability challenges and/or are a deep-tech startup
- Finnish business ID under 3 years
- Scalable business model
- MVP, Proof-of-concept or validated concept
- Team: technical and business oriented co-founders, minimum of 2 FTE
The applications are reviewed and startups accepted continuously.