Open Position: Design Trainee in Aalto Startup Center.
Aalto Startup Center is a hybrid accelerator within Aalto University, and we are looking for a Design trainee with an entrepreneurial mindset and a special interest in communications and content creation, including marketing visuals and design work.
We were voted Top 5 University Business accelerators in 2020 and we are running 5 different programs with startups and research-to-business cases from Aalto University.
You will work closely with our experienced communications team and advisors, to create, develop, and share engaging content about our startups & research-to-business teams, our events, and our news. You get to implement the From Ideas to Impact® concept in many ways, and in the spring, there are various wonderful projects that you will be fully engaged with and will be provide useful experience for your future career.
- A master’s student in design, marketing, communications, or a related field
- Familiar with and interested in gathering/creating/implementing news content for various way
- Social Media Skills: You can do easily content and visualization (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Instagram), and continue Aalto Startup Center brand digital footprint
- Using various tools for design work such as InDesign, Adobe Creative Suite, Canvas and Photoshop, etc.
- Open to event assistance, and sharing your knowledge with our startups and research-to-business teams about design, marketing-communications
- Entrepreneurial mindset – passionate about startups and their ecosystem
You are able to work independently and as a team player with positive and innovative mindset.
Desirable but not mandatory if you have understanding of: All digitalization skills, example digital marketing, UI Design, data-oriented (example social media report) and SEO/ basic algorithms.
We offer you:
- Hands-on experience in a dynamic startup environment, friendly colleagues and passion for growing early-stage startups
- A wide range of different projects offered by Aalto Startup Center, ground for you to develop your skills!
- Flexible work allocation. Ideally, you would be able to work at least 50 % or more
- Possibility to work remotely with access to office facilities at Aalto Startup Center
- Unique opportunity to work and network with startups
This is a flexible and part-time role which requires approximately 20 hours (2 days least) per week and is paid. We are looking to cover this position as soon as possible in January. The duration of the contract is 4 to 6 months.
Aalto Startup Center’s working language is English and based in Aalto University Campus, Otakaari 5 in A Grid. One-to one work supervision can be done in English or Finnish.
If you are interested, please submit your CV and short motivation letter by 2.1.2023, briefly answering these questions: “Why you should be chosen?” , “What motivates you?”, “What do you want to learn in your trainee period?”, ”What startups and working with them mean to you?”, ”Tell us about a design/marketing communication project that you are particularly proud of and what you learned from it?”, “What is coming to your mind from the slogan From Ideas to Impact®”?
- Applications by 11.1.2023
- Invitation to interview 3.1.- 4.1.2023
- Interviews 5.1., 9.1.-10.1.2023
- Small training work with instructions at home max 1.5 h after interview
- 11.1. or 12.1. conversation with two team members
- Decision latest by 13.1.-16.1.2023
- Starting date as soon as possible in January.
*If a suitable candidate is found earlier, we speed up the process.
To hear more, please contact:
Milla Kalliokoski, Marketing and Communications, Aalto Startup Center
firstname.lastname@example.org , +358 50 440 6428
The best time is before Christmas 22.12. after 10:00 and after Christmas normally.