Markus is the newest addition to Aalto Startup Center’s team! Do you want to get to know him a little bit? Read this 10-question interview!
1. Could you please give us a short introduction about yourself?
I am Markus Karva, an Entrepreneurial Coordinator at Aalto Startup Center. An event organizer and a digital marketing professional who stumbled into this position to help startups do their thing.
2. Can you tell us a bit about your professional background? For example, what the Master’s study is about?
I graduated a few years back and have since been working with events and digital marketing. I have also been briefly involved with advertising and marketing in more traditional medias (newspapers, radio) and advertising in public spaces.
3. Can you explain a bit about your role at Aalto Startup Center?
My role is to keep our customers, the startups and projects, informed about events, workshops, and services we offer, that they should take part in. I am also deeply involved in organizing our Demo Day which is an important event that collects all our projects and investors under the same roof to connect them directly.
4. So, what brought you to Aalto Startup Center originally?
I have had friends working in the startup field, so I was excited when I saw the opportunity to work at Aalto Startup Center. I am not yet ready to jump into a startup, or establish my own, but enjoy helping others succeed in their efforts and endeavors.
5. After a few weeks of working here, do you enjoy the experience? Which part is your favorite so far?
I do! It’s a bit of a chaos but in a good sense. There are so many people to get to know and every day is full of surprises and chance meetings. My favorite part is probably being surrounded by knowledgeable professionals and learning something new every day.
6. What have you been working on recently?
Contacting investors and startups for Demo Day, organizing the audio and lights for the event, and wrapping my head around the organization and all of its parts.
7. What’s your preferred work style?
Meeting people face to face and then crawling into my own space to write everything down and to organize it for my next meeting.
8. Do you want to say something to our startups?
Keep on keeping on!
9. Any plans or goals for the coming 2024?
Becoming proficient in working with startups.
10. Tell us one thing about yourself that would surprise us
I avoid going on cottage trips to cottages without a fully equipped kitchen since I hate cooking with inadequate equipment. I hope I don’t look like a spoiled brat but in this sense I definitely am. =D